Monday 5 January 2015

2015 Starter

2015 is upon us...

For me that means a new season, a new team, a change in culture and a new chapter in my cycling endeavors. Success fluctuated in 2014 with a win at Mersey Valley Tour followed by a crash in the penultimate stage of the Tour Of Gippsland, prematurely ending my season with a broken wrist.

For most Australian cyclists, the New Year is a tough time, finding a balance between socializing with friends and family whilst also aspiring to train longer kilometers with common sights set on the Mitchelton Bay Cycling Series. It seems like only days ago we were lining up in the Support Race of 2014, yet here we were on the start line rubbing shoulders with some of the biggest names in the sport. Unfortunately for me, illness has hindered this years chances by depriving my body of the top end intensity required to be competitive in such an event. Nonetheless, a major thanks to Team Seight for allowing me to guest ride for them.

With the Bay Criterium's now wrapped up and the overall going to Orica-Greenedge's Caleb Ewan, attention is now turned to the Australian National Championships held in Ballarat at the end of this week. To say I’m excited for my first race representing An-Post Chainreaction would be a severe understatement! Whilst I have no real expectations for this particular race, being able to fly the teams colours for the first time will certainly carry a lot of sentimental value. For me, the primary objective of the Nationals Champs will be to gain some racing kilometers in the legs before I join my An-Post teammates in Belgium next month. For the timebeing, I will continue to build a foundation of fitness before venturing to Europe where the real journey will begin. Until then stay safe on the roads and wishing everyone a prosperous 2015 both on and off the bike.

Jordan Stannus

2 comments:

  1. Echols, John M. and Hassan Shadily, Kamus Indonesia Inggris, PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta. best fishing kayak

    ReplyDelete